Tuesday 27 October 2015

Button Bauble


Hello, Laura here today.  Do you ever feel like making something really colourful?  I did, and this happened...


First of all I coloured a polystyrene ball with some promarkers.  I wasn't a perfect rainbow but that didn't matter as most of it would be covered.  The bits that peep through look nicer if the are roughly the right colour rather than white.  Then I got my entire button stash out and played around, picking the right colours and sizes and generally having fun. 


When I had what I wanted laid out I started gluing them to the polystyrene with glue gel.  I stopped half way to let the glue dry.  This way I didn't have to worry about smudging and getting glue all over my fingers.  When the first half was dry I flipped it upside down and carried on.

To hang it I used a piece of swiss dot grosgrain and used both pins and glue gel to attach it.

All the buttons I used, along with the ribbon, are from Crafty Ribbons.

Thanks for stopping by!
Laura

3 comments:

Jane said...

What a fun make....such pretty colours x

Laura said...

Thanks Jane!

carol said...

oh WOW so many buttons...looks great x